The Gambia has undergone tremendous changes since my last visit in 1985. New settlements, landscape, and a continuous paved high way from the Capital city Banjul to my childhood village Gunjur. This thiry mile stretch used to take between three to four hours. If you missed the morning passenger van, you will have to wait until the next day. It took us about thirty minutes or less this time. Back in my village and my childhood friends. My house is still standing. Amazing.
- African Scholars Host Bookfair to Support Cultural Exchange Program
- African Scholars Raise Funds to Combat Ebola – UPDATE
- Support the African Scholars Program Scholarship Fund!
- Bookfair to Benefit African Scholars Program at Barnes and Noble June 7
- Liven Up Your March Madness Menu with West African Take-out!